Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Stem cell transplant has cured HIV infection in 'Berlin patient', say doctors

That headline deserves it's own post.

Don't let this story get buried people! The medical industry has a lot more money to make by treating the disease rather than curing it. The religious fanatics in the anti-stem cell/anti-gay/anti-anything-that-pisses-them-off crowds will have their usual issues.

Between the money and the crazy in the world you're probably going to either not hear much about this story or you're going to hear that it was a fluke and there's no actual cure here.

I call horseshit on that in advance. I call horseshit on behalf of the millions of people who've died or become infected or widowed or orphaned as a result of this disease.

But if basic altruism isn't enough of a reason for you to shout this news from the rooftops and demand that your government renew its support of HIV\AIDS research, maybe you'll appreciate what Bill Hicks had to say on the subject.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go biological diversity! Ha! Take that Nazis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everybody, I just want give this great testimony to the whole public about a great man who help me out in serious
    illness. I have HIV AID for good 2years now and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the illness. All I have in my mind is,
    let me just give up because life is not interesting for me any longer and i also pray that God should accept my
    soul when ever I’m gone luckily for me, my kid sister run to me that she found a doctor in the internet who can cure HIV AIDS. She helped me out in
    everything, the man asked for my picture so he can cast a spell
    on me from his temple. After all he asked has been done, 45minutes later I started getting more stronger, my blood started flowing in my vain like it use to. For 4 to 5 days I started adding Weight and before a month my body started developing, my skin start coming up, after 2 months I went for HIV test and I was tested negative, I’m so happy that I can say I’m not an HIV patient anymore. If you
    have HIV AIDS or any sickness, please for your safe, contact Prophet Clark via prophetclark@blumail.org for your cure. He is truly a life saver.

    ReplyDelete